Kingston Community Health Centres (KCHC) is committed to protecting your personal health information and this statement explains your privacy rights.
- The Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA) is the legislation that KCHC must follow for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal health information.
- KCHC collects information about you so that we can provide you with health care, enable you to participate in our programs and services, fulfill reporting requirements to our funding agencies, and when required by law.
- KCHC will limit the collection of personal information to collect only what is necessary to provide good service.
- We work in a team model where physicians, nurses, social workers, community workers and a variety of skilled staff who are involved in your care may need to share your information to provide you with effective and high quality care.
- We ask for your consent to collect, use and share your personal information. You (or your legally authorized representative) will sign an agreement about how we can use your personal information.
- KCHC will not share your personal health information with third parties (e.g. family, insurance companies, lawyers, etc.) without your consent unless required by law.
- You may request to access and correct your personal health information, or to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer. Your withdrawal of consent is subject to legal exceptions and this may affect our ability to provide you with effective care.
If you have a concern about the privacy of your personal health information please contact our Privacy Officer by calling 613.542.2949 x5154.
You have the right to contact the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario if you think we have violated your rights by calling 1-800-387-0073 or online at www.ipc.on.ca