What do we do?
We offer free community workshops for people who live with chronic conditions, chronic pain, diabetes, and cancer, as well as for caregivers. These workshops teach skills and provide tools to better self-manage their own health and wellness.
We also offer free workshops for health care professionals to teach them how to be better self-management supporters.
We offer these workshops to anyone living in Southeastern Ontario.
What is self-management?
- Being able to manage the daily tasks needed to live well with one or more chronic conditions;
- Having the skills and confidence to take charge of your health and improve your quality of life and emotional well-being;
- Being as healthy as possible and achieving the things you want to do in life;
- Being the most important and active member of your health care team.
What is self-management support?
- Understanding what self-management is and why it’s important;
- Helping others to start and continue on their own path of self-management;
- Client/patient-centered; working as a team with client/patient;
- Working at helping someone else self-manage their health and wellness based on where they are in terms of readiness and confidence.
To find out more about our program, see a calendar of upcoming workshops, or learn how to become more involved, please visit our website.
Danielle Deptuck, Program Administrator, Community Workshops Lead: 613.542.2949 x1179, 613.484.8072, [email protected]
Constantin Mugenga, Program Administrator, Health Care Professionals Workshops, Mentorship and Kids Get Stressed Too Lead: 613.542.2949 x1180, 613.449.2399, [email protected]