Living Well Workshops
We offer five core Living Well Workshops at KCHC and at other health care organizations in the region:
- Living Well with Chronic Pain
- Living Well with Chronic Disease
- Living Well with Diabetes
- Cancer: Thriving and Surviving
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers
These FREE workshops provide people with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to better manage their chronic conditions. These workshops take place once a week for 2.5 hours for six weeks and are led by two peers who also live with similar chronic conditions.
- Better understand and manage your symptoms.
- Increase your confidence.
- Communicate better with loved ones and healthcare providers.
- Set realistic goals, make plans to reach your goals, and problem solve.
- Make healthier choices like eating well, exercising more, managing medications, etc.
- Improve your emotional and mental health.
- Take better care of themselves while caring for a friend or relative.
- Meet others in similar situations.
We also offer other support workshop on a semi-regular basis, such as Mindfulness-Based Chronic Pain Management, Mindful Awareness Stabilization Training, and Getting the Most from Your Healthcare Appointment Workshop. To find out more about our program, see a calendar of upcoming workshops, or learn how to become more involved, please visit our website at www.livingwellseontario.ca