An innovative regional program funded by the South East Local Health Integration Network.
Are you a woman who:
Is pregnant and/or parenting children under the age of six and has been or is currently experiencing a problem with opioids (oxycodone, Percocet®, heroin, Dilaudid®, morphine) or receiving methadone treatment?
- Counselling using a harm reduction approach
- In-hospital and in-home support visits
- Transportation support
- Parenting support and education
- A single coordinated care plan for you and your family
- Time for you to recognize your strengths, set goals and expand your supports
- Assistance with vouchers for groceries and prenatal vitamins
The Kingston office is located at 263 Weller Avenue. Women are welcome to self-refer to this location by contacting a counsellor at 613.453.5542 or 613.453.0737.
You can find Thrive staff working out of three area Community Health Centres: Kingston Community Health Centres, Belleville and Quinte West Community Health Centre, and Rideau Community Health Services.
The Thrive program was part of the study Rooming-in care for infants of opioid-dependent mothers published in the official journal of the College of Family Physicians in December 2015.