ISKA’s June schedule
ISKA has moved!
You can now find us at 837 Princess St., Suite 201 (on the second floor, at the end of the hall). You can still reach us by phone at 613.544.4661 x5111.
Summer 2022 newsletter
ISKA’s Summer newsletter is available now, you can find it here.
Who we are
The KCHC – Immigrant Services Kingston and Area program envisions Kingston as a community that is strengthened by the contributions and skills of immigrants, newcomers, and refugees. We offer a variety of settlement programs and services.
All information you provide is kept strictly confidential, and will never be shared without your permission. We are funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, and the Ontario Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services. We are proud to have been serving newcomers in Kingston for over 10 years!
What We Do
We accompany you along your settlement journey and help make your transition as smooth as possible. Areas of focus can include:
- Assistance with government documents
- Individualized mentoring and solution-focused counselling
- Opportunities to make connections in your community
- Support with finding a home for you and your family
- Support with enrolling children in school and daycare
- Connecting you with resources in your community
- Services in multiple languages
- Document translation through CEOTIS (fees required)
- Coordinated Language Assessment and Referral System (CLARS) on-site through Noble Language Assessments
Through partnership with the Kingston Immigration Partnership and the City of Kingston, KCHC – Immigrant Services offers a welcome package for newcomers, while supplies last. This package provides access to Kingston activities and services and can include a Kingston Transit pass, a Fitness pass to city recreational programs, vouchers for shows at the Grand Theatre and family passes to museums. If you have arrived in Kingston within the past year and are either a temporary worker or permanent resident, please visit our office to receive a welcome package.
To book an appointment with a settlement worker in-person or online, please contact us at 613.544.4661, x5111. Everyone is welcome!